Ragging is totally prohibited in Nirmal Education Society’s Degree College inside the campus and anyone found guilty of ragging and abetting ragging whether actively or passively or being a part of conspiracy to promote ragging is liable to be punished in accordance with UGC Regulations 2009 as well as under the provisions of any penal law being in force.
The main objectives of this cell are as follows :
- To make the students aware of brutalizing effect of ragging built-in in its obstinacy.
- To keep a continuous watch and vigil over practice or ragging so as to prevent its occurrence and recurrence.
- To promptly and strictly deal with the incidents of ragging brought to the notice of our college authorities.
- To generate an atmosphere of discipline by sending a clear message that no act of ragging shall go unnoticed and unpunished.
- Nirmal Degree College ensures that a compatible and pleasant environment is provided to the freshers.
Committee Members :
- Mr. Adheer Pratap Singh
- Mr. Suresh Gupta
- Mr. Paras Shah
- Mr. Hiren Mandani
Anti Ragging Statement :
- RAGGING IS AN OFFENCE
- RISK A BEAUTIFUL CAREER
REPORT ON ANTI-RAGGING ISSUES PROGRAMME
START: September 20, 2019
END: September 20, 2019
ADDRESS: 4th Floor, Municipal Building, Opp. Vora Colony, M. G. Road, Kandivali (W), Mumbai -4000 67
CONDUCTED BY: Prof. Saroj Lohar (Women Development Cell Chairperson)
VENUE : Nirmal Degree College of Commerce
DATE : September 20, 2019
The WDC of Nirmal Degree College organized a workshop on issues pertaining to anti-ragging issues that need to be addressed keeping in view the present scenario wherein a large number of students are found to be harassed by certain ragging tactics followed by some students to fully their fill.
The beginning of the said workshop was marked by an opening speech by the I/c Principal Dr. Y. S. Kadam who threw focus on explaining the importance of addressing such issues.
The Chairperson of WDC, Mrs. Saroj Lohar too expressed her concern over the issue through her speech and urged senior students to be sensitive towards new entrants in the college.
The said session was also attended by the Vice Principal Dr. Kiran Gajjar amidst presence of a good number of students.
Other staff and Anti-Ragging Committee numbers also expressed their views on the said subject and urged the students and committee members alike to sensitize others toward the subject.
The session concluded with a thanks giving speech by Mrs. Saroj Lohar.